This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

August 4, 2009

Support and then some

Last night we were invited to a great event. A fellow blogger and mom to a sweet little guy with Down syndrome (Jaxson), put together a BBQ so a fellow California blogger could meet some of us Utah bloggers who also have kiddos with Down syndrome. Make sense? I think most of the Utah bloggers already knew each other, but as I am still kind of new to the scene, I got to meet a bunch of wonderful families, many whose blogs I've been following since we adopted Max. Piper was sooo excited to go to the bbq and "make new friends". And make new friends we did.
Most of the siblings were off playing in the backyard, and we needed the dads to take pictures, so here are a bunch of trisomy 21 & trisomy 13 kiddos with the moms. Max is the youngest pictured, only because sweet little Kaelyn is still gaining weight in the hospital, and her parents had to come without her. Look at these cuties!

Back row: Me & Max, Emily & Justin, Suzie & Lily {Piper & Lily planned another bbq on their own for "Tuesday" as we were leaving!}, Denise & Ella, Tausha & Sam Front row: Michelle & Preslie, Julie & Arianna, Lacey & Jax

I stole this quote off another blog. It sums up our whole experience thus far:

'We often think that having a child with T21 is like gaining membership to a secret club, a club you never knew you wanted to be in or even existed, but once you are in, you are so thankful that you were chosen.'

Thanks for all the support!

0 comments: