This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

February 13, 2009

More about Kristin {by Steve}:

I fell in love with Kristin because she is kind, understanding, funny, rational and caring. She makes me laugh. When we were dating, my brothers described her as the female version of me. A wonderful wife and mother who sacrifices sleep, time and personal interests for our daughter, she is the one who gets up in the middle of the night with Piper so that I can sleep and go to work rested. She honestly tries to do the right thing all of the time. She always has my best interest in mind and I feel so lucky I married a wife who makes me a better person.

Extremely shy as a child, Kristin broke out of her shell in college and is now very outgoing and gets along with most anyone. She earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, but loves being a stay-at-home mom. She and Piper share lots of mom and toddler friends in the neighborhood and love going to lunch with them, to the park, swimming, and going on other weekly adventures together. She enjoys photography, creating digital photo books, watching NHL hockey, blogging, and of course, being a wife and mom. She loves doing home remodeling projects {she recently installed a new disposal in the kitchen sink while Piper napped}, and putting things together, which I despise {like bookshelves}. We make a great team.