Although we eloped five years ago, Steve planned our wedding day for the 4th of July so we would always experience fireworks on our anniversary. After dating for two and a half years, we eloped to Vegas, and were married by Elvis {a little cliché, we know – but totally fun}. In 2004, we were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple.
I knew Steve was ‘the one’ much sooner than he knew I was ‘the one.’ Steve still jokes that if it hadn’t been for the brochure I handed him one evening while we were dating, he’d still be sitting on his orange courduroy loveseat in his cozy bachelor pad, watching The History Channel until all hours of the night. The ‘brochure,’ from Sierra West Jewelers, pictured the wedding ring I longed for on the front cover. After I handed it to him, pointing to the ring I wanted, he asked, “A ring, for what?” Needless to say, I received the ring and the greatest hubby to go with it.
We base our marriage on love, honesty, friendship and respect. We laugh a lot, and revel in the joy and silliness that life can bring. Marrying in our early 30’s, we feel that one of the biggest strengths in our marriage is our maturity. Pretty laid back, we get along like true friends should. We value each other’s feelings and believe that love is an action. It’s how you treat one another; the little things you do for each other. We look forward to our regular date nights and love a good restaurant, movie, or spa treatment together.