This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

August 16, 2009

Look what I can do!


During tummy time tonight, which he usually hates, Max showed us his determination to be a big strong boy. He lifted his head off the ground several times (until I started videoing, of course - at least I got one picture).

4 comments:

Emily said...

Good job Max! That's hard work!

Adrienne said...

Yay Max!! Before surgery that's what we were constantly working on with Bennett and he was getting good at it but now no tummy time for a while! It's killing me! So get Max to have all the practice he can before the big day!

He's getting so chunky!

Unknown said...

Hooray!!!! We're so proud of you, Max!!!
Lots of love sweet baby! xoxo

mauimom said...

Hi Kristin and Steve-
I was just made aware of your blog by Adrienne (Unexpected Journey), and your adoption story brought tears to my eyes. Wow, I love your story, it is amazing how everything worked out the way it did. Yes, I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and your story is such a great example. Max is so sweet and your daughter was obviously made to be a big sister. Your recent video reminds me of our daughter with our son Sylas who also has DS. He is very close in age to Max. Best wishes on the upcoming surgery, I will be following your blog for updates along the way!
Elena