This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

July 23, 2009

Something cool...

So I got an email over the weekend from Melody, Max's birthmom. She had some exciting news. The Pregnancy Care Center in San Antonio, where she received support throughout her pregnancy, is going to feature our adoption story for their annual fundraising gala this November! They saw the videos posted below, and along with Melody's side of the story, the center wants to share Max's story! How cool is that?!

The center's director emailed me writing this about the video the photographer is putting together for the event... "He was going to do several client stories..., but he decided this story was so incredible and Melody did such an articulate job, he decided to just focus on this one story."

Once again, I have to say our Melody is awesome and Max is truly a special little guy!
I can't wait to see the video!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very neat!

The Lehnick Family said...

That is wonderful! Can't wait to see the video as well! I would say that your story is very amazing! Melody has brought a wonderful life into the world that is going to impact so many...and you as adoptive parents are absolutely AMAZING as well...this is awesome...

Emily said...

That is awesome! I would love to see the video! Melody seems so wonderful and has given you a beautiful gift!

Unknown said...

God has such amazing Grace and endless Mercy. I don't know why He gave me the honors of carrying Max and, now, witnessing his life with the family He intended, and I am in awe.

Max is obviously so very loved and favored by his Heavenly Father! I am thankful for ALL of the wonderful people who love him, and I am humbled by his ease at conveying Christ's love to others.

May the Lord bless you!