This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

January 8, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, it's the start of a new year. We ended 2008 on a great note and hope it continues into 2009. I can't believe my little one turned 3 in December.

We had the best Christmas ever, taking our 3 year old to Disneyland and SeaWorld for the first time. It was so much fun to see her light up when she got to meet the princesses and see all her faves in the parades. My mom came with us too, which was a hit for everyone.





We also got a new English bulldog puppy this fall, for Steve's birthday. She is cute as a button, but very mischievous.

We are very fortunate that the crummy economy hasn't affected us, like it has so many, including parts of our extended family. I feel so grateful that Steve has such a solid career and supports our family so well.
Happy 2009! We hope this is the year for miracles.