This blog started out as an adoption profile to let others get to know us. We have now adopted the sweetest little guy. His name is Max. He was born with Down Syndrome, and we think he's perfect! This blog is now about our journey forward with him. We have another blog (link here) that details the more crazy everyday happenings in our household. Feel free to check it out as well. I update it more frequently. Someday, I may combine the two blogs. For now, this is for Max, his birthparents, and anyone else who wishes to follow our miracle :)

August 21, 2009

Big sister

Piper loves being a big sister. She insists that she can do so many things now "'cause she's a big sister." Earlier this week, she wanted to pick up Max "all by herself." He was obviously too heavy {and wobbly}, and she wouldn't take my advice on how to hold her hands under his head and shoulders. But she gave it a good effort {and no baby brothers were hurt in the process}. She finally let me help, and then pulled him up so close that he could barely breathe. She loves her little brother so much.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

aww- so sweet!

Adrienne said...

ps
I like you're findraising badge- I may have to use that for Bennett's walk- I've been contemplating on whether or not to do the bw for months because I didn't know when the surgery was but I think we're going to do it now at the last minute!

Wendy G. Atkins said...

Oh... so cute! What an awesome big sister!

Emily said...

Sorry... that was me above. I was actually logged in under my sister and didn't realize it!!